The day of PhotoTapas celebrating the art of photography. The schedule included lectures and demos about digital negatives, platinum printing, printing out paper, conservation of prints, and a fun time with instant film and a pinhole camera. In the late afternoon, we served tapas and sangria (punch), and enjoyed a print sharing event in our new gallery space. Dick Arentz led a gallery talk through the Eternal Platinum exhibition in the North and South galleries.
- 9:00 – 9:30am : Registration and Socializing
- 9:30 – 9:50am : Introduction- Alan, Gina, Carol
- 10:00 – 10:50am : Platinum Lecture- Keith Schreiber
- 11:00 – 11:50am : Printing Out Paper Demo- Seigfried Rempel
- Lunch on your own
- 1:00 – 1:50pm : Conservation Lecture- Jennifer Gutierrez
- 2:00 – 3:50pm : Pinhole Camera Fun- Jim Hajicek
- 2:00 – 2:50pm : 1st Platinum Demo- Keith Schreiber
- 3:00 – 3:50pm : 2nd Platinum Demo- Keith Schreiber
- 4:00 – 5:50pm : Tapas Served in the East Gallery
- 4:00 – 5:50pm : Print Sharing in Gallery 4
- 6:00 – 7:00pm : Gallery Talk- Dick Arentz
Two weeks after the Digital Infrared Workshop I’m still playing with the infrared camera and filter taking pictures during PhotoTapas. Keith Schreiber is explaining his process and work.
Jim took portraits of the group using his homemade pinhole camera and Fuji 3000B instant film.
Because of the moving clouds, Jim kept asking the universe for consistent light.
Looking at Keith Schreiber’s platinum/palladium images. Later Keith gave two printing demonstrations in the darkroom.
Jennifer Gutierrez, the conservator from the Center for Creative Photography, gave a presentation on her conservation work and offered advise for the audience about how to house our work.
Becky Senf, Randy Efros, and David Emitt Adams enjoyed the day.
Gina’s pinhole portrait.
Becky’s pinhole portrait.
At four-o’clock tapas was served. Small bites in a convivial setting.
Dick Arentz with Keith Schreiber. They are long time friends and platinum printers with images in the Eternal Platinum exhibition.
The contingent from the Center for Creative Photography.
Print sharing in Gallery 4.
Great cake for the 3rd anniversary of Art Intersection. Thanks Debra and Jamie.