INFOCUS Portfolio Workshop
With the millions of photographs taken every day by amateurs and professionals, have you ever wondered what makes a photograph collectible?
This year’s INFOCUS Portfolio Workshop, moderated by curator Rebecca Senf, is intended for photographers and collectors alike. First, you’ll hear perspectives from our panel of photography experts, then enjoy “show and tell” presentations by five avid collectors who will talk about their collections and collecting philosophy.
This seminar is an excellent opportunity for photographers to better understand the growing market that collectors provide, as well as an instructional workshop for those who collect photography to learn more about the selection process.
- What advice can help a person starting a collection of photographs?
- Learn what distinguishes a particular photograph as being collectible.
- What qualities make an image come to the attention of a collector?
- Why should you collect photographs?
- Are photographs a good investment?
- What collectors need to know about the care and handling of photographs.
Make plans now! The full-day workshop with lunch and portfolio reviews is limited to only 20 participants and will fill up quickly. The morning sessions are free and open to the public, but seating is limited, so pre-registration is required.