Call for Work – Light Sensitive
Submissions for Light Sensitive 2018 are now closed. For more exhibition opportunities, please visit our Calls for Work page.
Art Intersection presents Light Sensitive, an annual juried exhibition of images created using traditional and alternative photographic processes. Past work has included analog c-prints, platinum/palladium, cyanotype, gelatin silver, gum bichromate, wet plate collodion tintypes and ambrotypes, chemigrams, and other printing processes. Both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional work may be submitted.
Art Intersection staff will select up to three artists from Light Sensitive to show additional work during the (re)View exhibition in 2018.
Important 2018 Dates
- January 16 – Application with JPEG files and paid fee must be completed by midnight
- January 23 – You will receive an email notification of selected Work
- February 20 – Due Date for selected Work to be received and ready to install at Art Intersection
- March 10 – Light Sensitive Reception from 6 – 8pm, please join us!
- April 21 – Light Sensitive closes at 6pm
- April 26 – Local Work pick-up
- May 3 – Return shipping of Work will begin
- May 24 – Last Date to pick up or arrange shipment, after this date Work is considered abandoned
About the Juror
scott b. davis is an artist and founder of the Medium Festival of Photography. His photographs are created with wooden view cameras ranging in size from 8” x 10” to 16” x 20”. His photographs explore the Sonoran desert and ordinary urban spaces in the American landscape. davis’s photographic prints are made by hand using the exquisite 19th century process of platinum printing.
His work has been reviewed in the New York Times, the Village Voice, the New Yorker, Los Angeles Times, and other print media. davis’s photographs have been collected by the J. Paul Getty Museum, Pier 24 in San Francisco, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Museum of Photographic Arts, and others.
Step One: Submission Guidelines
Step Two: Exhibition Terms and Conditions
Step Three: Submission Form
Step Four: Pay in the Blue Box Above
You can view images from Light Sensitive 2017 by clicking here.