Call for Work – All Art Arizona 2017
This Call for Work is closed.
Art Intersection celebrates Arizona art with this juried exhibition of work from Arizona artists. This highly acclaimed 7-week exhibition, All Art Arizona, offers the opportunity for visual artists of all experience levels to bring their work before a public audience.
The range of work acceptable for submission includes sculpture, glass, photography, painting, ceramics, wood, printmaking, mixed media, artist books, and more. Selected works will be shown in the Art Intersection North and South Galleries from May 30 to July 15, 2017.
About the Jurors
The Art Intersection curatorial staff will jury the submissions for All Art Arizona.
Important All Art Arizona 2017 Dates
- April 17: Submissions due online
- April 20: Email notification of artists selected for exhibition
- May 20: Deliver selected work ready to install
- June 3: Opening reception
- May 30 – July 15: Exhibition dates
- July 20 – 22: Work ready for pickup
Please carefully read the instructions and information below. The link to the submission form is at the end of this page.
- The fee for submission is $40 for up to four (4) works, and must be paid before submissions are accepted
- Artists must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Arizona for a minimum of four months per year
- Work accepted for review can be any media, 2 or 3-dimensional
- Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang
- Three-dimensional work must be free standing or include an appropriate stand/pedestal for display
- The works submitted must be the sole and original creation of the exhibiting artist(s)
- Submission of collaborative work is encouraged
- The online Submission Form requires:
- Bio / Artist Statement
- Brief process description
- JPEG images sized on the short side to 5-inches at 300dpi and less than 2 Mbytes
- JPEG file titles must be saved in the format “Last name_First name_Submission #.jpg” For example, Smith_Jane_1.jpg.
- Artwork Title, Date Created, Media, Sales Price, Dimensions
Instructions and Terms for Submission
- Delivery of Work – If selected for the exhibition you must be able to deliver work in person, or ship the work to arrive in a reusable container by the due date. Work that does not arrive by the deadline will not be included in the show. All shipping, handling, and packaging expenses are your responsibility.
- Return of Work – You or a representative may pick up work that is not sold, or Art Intersection will ship the work back at your expense. Art Intersection is not responsible for packaging, handling, or shipping expenses. Work unclaimed at Art Intersection for more than 14 days after the pick up date will be disposed of at our discretion.
- Presentation – You are responsible for professional presentation and all work must be ready to install upon delivery. Any work not ready for installation may not be included in the exhibition. No digital signatures of any kind on artwork will be accepted.
- Sale of Work – We encourage your work to be for sale; however, we accept work that is not for sale (NFS). The split of the artwork sale price is 60% to the Artist and 40% to Art Intersection. You agree to discounts up to 10% which may be offered to buyers at the discretion of Art Intersection. You must provide a tax ID/SSN or W9 if sales commission equals $600 or more.
- Labeling – All work must be labeled with artist name, title, year the work was created, media, and the price or “Not For Sale” NFS. Improper labeling may prevent acceptance of the work.
- Eligibility – As the Artist, you must be an Arizona resident for four months a year and 18 years of age or older. Works that have been exhibited at the Art Intersection Galleries previously are not eligible for submission.
- Liability – Art Intersection is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit.
- Use of Work – Art Intersection reserves the right to use images of submitted works in social media marketing, on our website, in our printed marketing materials, and other materials used to promote the exhibition.
- Copyright – The Artist retains ownership and copyright of all submitted work. Upon sale of work the ownership of the work transfers to the buyer.
- Insurance – All work will be insured by Art Intersection for the duration of the exhibit.
- Acceptance – Submission of your Application indicates acceptance of all terms and conditions of the All Art Arizona exhibition.