Little by Little – Call for Work
Little by Little, an exhibition of small artworks, will present a wide variety of artwork expressed in no more than ten-inches in any dimension.
Throughout the years we have exhibited many amazing, beautiful, and impactful small works of art, so to highlight this presentation style we have dedicated an exhibition to exceptional art that can truly be appreciated from a more intimate viewpoint that begs for a closer look!
Juror Dr. Julie Sasse, curator at Tucson Museum of Art, will select strong works of art in all media, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, printmaking, metals, wood, digital media, and more, that are presented perfectly in a smaller format.
About the Juror
Dr. Julie Sasse is Chief Curator and Curator of Modern, Contemporary, and Latin American Art at the Tucson Museum of Art. Since joining TMA, she organized more than 90 solo and group exhibitions of regional, national, and international artists. Among her group exhibitions are Trouble in Paradise: Examining Discourse in Nature and Society; Paint on Metal: Modern and Contemporary Explorations and Discoveries; Into the Night: Modern and Contemporary Art and the Nocturne Tradition; and The Figure Examined: Masterworks from the Kasser Mochary Art Foundation. Her solo exhibitions include artists Andy Warhol, Ai Weiwei, Alan Sonfist, Jaune Quick-to-See Smith, Henri Matisse, Deborah Butterfield, Ansel Adams, and Rose Cabat.
The author of more than 35 catalogues, books, and published essays, Sasse wrote the monograph on James Havard (Hudson Hills Press, 2006); Trouble in Paradise: Examining Discord Between Nature and Society (2008); and the feature essay for Contemporary Art of the Southwest (Schiffer, 2012) and The Figure Examined: Masterworks from the Kasser Mochary Art Foundation (2014).
Important Exhibit Dates
- September 5: Submissions due online by midnight
- September 12: Email notification of artists selected for exhibition
- October 11: Deliver selected ready to install work
- October 28: Opening reception
- October 21 through December 2: Exhibition dates
- December 7 – 9: Work ready for local pickup
- December 12: Return shipping begins
Please carefully read the instructions and terms below.
The Submission form link is at the end of this page.
Instructions and Terms for Submission
- Artists must be at least 18 years old
- The works submitted must be the sole and original creation of the exhibiting artist(s)
- Submission of collaborative work is encouraged
- Works that have been exhibited at the Art Intersection Galleries previously are not eligible for submission.
- Submission Fee – $30 for up to three works and you may submit additional works for $10 each. There is no limit to the amount of submissions you can make. All fees must be paid before submissions are accepted.
- Acceptable Work – Work accepted for review can be any visual media, 2 or 3-dimensional
- Final presentation size must 10-inches or less in all dimensions. This includes all framing.
- Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang
- Three-dimensional work must be free standing or include an appropriate stand/pedestal for display (the gallery has some pedestals available)
- Required Information – The online form requires the following information:
- Name / Address / Phone / eMail
- Bio / Artist Statement
- Artwork Title / Date Created / Medium / Retail Price / Dimensions
- JPEG images sized on the short side to 5-inches at 300dpi and less than 2 Mbytes
- Delivery of Work – If selected for the exhibition you must be able to deliver work in person, or ship the work to arrive in a reusable container by the due date. Work that does not arrive by the deadline will not be included in the show. All shipping, return shipping, handling, and packaging expenses are your responsibility.
- Return of Work – You or a representative may pick up work that is not sold, or Art Intersection will ship the work back at your expense. Art Intersection is not responsible for packaging materials, handling, or shipping expenses. Work unclaimed at Art Intersection for more than 14 days after the pick up / shipping date will be disposed of at our discretion.
- Presentation – You are responsible for professional presentation and all work must be ready to install upon delivery
- Any work not ready for installation, at our discretion, may not be included in the exhibition
- No digital signatures of any kind on artwork will be accepted
- Retail Price of Work – All work must be for sale, and the retail price must be under $500
- The split of the artwork price is 60% to the Artist and 40% to Art Intersection
- Discounts up to 10% may be offered to buyers at the discretion of Art Intersection
- You must provide a tax ID/SSN or W9 if sales commission to you equals $600 or more
- Labeling – All work must be labeled.
- Artist name / Title / Year of the work / Media / Retail price
- Improper labeling may prevent acceptance of the work
- Liability – Art Intersection is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit.
- Use of Work – Art Intersection reserves the right to use images of submitted works in social media marketing, on our website, in our printed marketing materials, and other materials used to promote the exhibition.
- Copyright – The Artist retains ownership and copyright of all submitted work. Upon sale of work only the ownership of the work transfers to the buyer.
- Insurance – All work will be insured by Art Intersection for the duration of the exhibit.
- Acceptance – Submission of your Application indicates acceptance of all terms and conditions of this exhibition requirements stated above.